Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing, better known as SAP, is software designed to improve information and management processes in businesses. Many institutions offer training in SAP software - read on below to learn the most important considerations for choosing a school with SAP programs.
- Students may want to consider a program's curriculum and ensure that it prepares them for certification from the SAP Corporation.
- Online SAP training programs allow students to study and work at their own pace, while other schools offer hands-on classroom training for those more comfortable in a collaborative, in-person training atmosphere.
- Students may want to seek programs tailored to individuals based on their technical experience and employment goals, such as programs that offer SAP end user training prior to additional coursework in order to determine a student's training level.
Employer-Provided SAP Training
Employers that use SAP systems provide training to their employees so that they will have a basic understanding of SAP. Employees may be required to have knowledge of an employer's financial or management systems before embarking on SAP training. Students typically complete the training online at the employer's computer. Topics covered include:
- Business terminology
- Downloading and printing reports
- Logging in and out
- Entering selection criteria
Professional Certificate in SAP Training
A professional certificate in SAP training can provide an individual with a competitive edge in the job market; many companies that use SAP want SAP trained employees. These programs prepare students for SAP Corporation certification. This training includes courses in:
- Operations planning and control
- Business processes
- Business management
- Supply chain management systems
- Customer relationship management
Graduate Certificate in SAP Training
Graduate certificate programs in SAP training provide an in-depth understanding of SAP software and advanced training. Students may be required to have a computer or business background before enrolling in a graduate certificate program. After earning a graduate certificate, students are eligible to sit for the SAP Corporation's certification exam. Course topics include:
- Configuration and control
- Business process analysis
- Strategic enterprise management
- Performance management
10 Schools with SAP Training Programs
|Full Sail University||4-year, Private|
|ITT Technical Institute||2-year, Private|
|San Joaquin Valley College|
|Colorado Technical University|
|American InterContinental University|
|Penn Foster Career School|